What difference can the NDIS make for me?
Check out the video to hear from some NDIS participants and carers talking about how having an NDIS package has made a difference in their lives.
People with psychosocial disability have the same rights as other Australians to decide what is best for themselves and have choice and control over their lives. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities describes these rights. The purpose of the NDIS is to help support your disability related rights.
The NDIS can support you to live a meaningful and contributing life by:
- Aiding you to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of your goals
- Supporting your providers so they can better respond to your needs
- Providing choice of support options and providers to meet your support needs
- Linking you with the information, referrals and supports you need
- Raising community awareness and encouraging inclusion.