Step 4

Access Request Form and Supporting Evidence Form

< Previous topic | Next topic > 

An official Access Request Form or Supporting Evidence Form can only be provided by the National Disability Insurance Agency. For more information visit www.ndis.gov.au.

Commonwealth Mental Health Program clients who are still in transition to the NDIS are now asked to also complete an NDIS Evidence of Psychosocial Disability Form. This form makes it easier to collect evidence of your psychosocial disability. This form can be completed by a health professional, and Support Worker or other person that you trust to help you with your NDIS application. You will still also need to complete a Verbal Access Request or Access Request Form.

Everyone who wants to access the NDIS will have to complete an Access Request Form and/or Supporting Evidence Form.

If you do not currently receive disability support services, you will complete an Access Request Form.

If you currently receive disability services, you will complete a Supporting Evidence Form; but only if the National Disability Insurance Agency feels that they don’t know you or your needs well enough.

The forms will gather your personal details, contact information, information about your supporters and details about your disability.

There are different ways you can complete an Access Request Form. Some people choose to complete the form over the phone. The National Disability Insurance Agency representative will ask you questions, and through working with you, they will complete the form for you. Questions will be asked to:

  • Confirm your identity and/or a person’s authority to act on your behalf
  • Confirm your agreement to enter the NDIS
  • Seek permission to gather information about you from other people (eg, your family, current support provider, GP or other health worker)
  • Determine if you meet the NDIS access requirements (this may relate to your age, residence, and disability).

Some people may not feel comfortable doing this over the phone. If you would prefer, you can ask to be sent a paper form which you can complete and return to the National Disability Insurance Agency. A National Disability Insurance Agency representative or your supporters can help you to complete the form.

< Previous topic | Next topic > 

The reimagine.today workbook can help you prepare for the NDIS