How can the NDIS support recovery?
This video was developed by the NSW Mental Health Commission. It describes the mental health and NDIS experiences of some people affected by mental health conditions from a trial site.
Recovery is about achieving an optimal life of personal, social and emotional wellbeing, as defined by each individual, whilst living with a mental health condition.
The purpose of the NDIS is to help you get the disability support you need. Everyone’s goals will be different but the NDIS can help you with things like:
- Having a say about the disability services and supports you receive
- Activities of daily living
- Strengthening relationships
- Managing your home arrangements
- Health and wellbeing support
- Learning and education
- Being involved in your community.
You decide what your recovery looks like and how to make the NDIS work for you to meet your needs and goals in life! This reimagine.today website will help you to explore what these are; whether you are funded for NDIS services or not.